Sign in to view your journeys, link your Nectar card and more
Special 'Key Worker' timetable in operation until further noticeThere are major disruptions on the TPE Network. - Click for more information - Last updated: 17:52
Don't you hate it when you shell out for something, then find it cheaper somewhere else?
We want you to be confident that when you buy train tickets using our website or TPExpress App, you're getting the very best deal. We promise that if you find a TransPennine Express fare cheaper anywhere elsewhere online on the same day as booking, we will refund you the difference.
Our price promise also includes tickets bought from a ticket vending machine (TVM) at any TransPennine Express Station. If you discover you could have bought a cheaper product for the identical journey, you may be entitled to a refund to the value of the difference in cost.
Remember, train tickets will need to be for an entire journey on a TransPennine Express service, for the exact same date, time, number of travellers and ticket type.
Please speak to staff in the ticket office at your nearest staffed station or use the form below to submit your claim.
1. Price Promise claims can only be made using our online form after you have purchased a ticket from tpexpress.co.uk or via the TPE App. Please complete the online form accurately and completely. Any incomplete Price Promise refund forms will be invalid.
2. Price Promise forms must be received by First TransPennine Express Limited (TPE) no later than midnight on the same day that you purchased your train ticket(s) (UK time).
3. TPE is not responsible for any Price Promise refund forms which are not received or delayed in transmission beyond TPE’s reasonable control.
4. TPE reserves the right to verify evidence of the lower online fare available for purchase.
5. To be eligible for a Price Promise refund, you must supply sufficient evidence of the lower online fare using a screen shot of the lower fare website at payment stage (showing the website used, price, class, number of passengers, number of tickets, Railcards, date and time, origin and destination). The evidence must also show that the lower online fare was found on the same day that the tpexpress.co.uk or the TPE app booking was made. The journey, number of tickets and ticket type must be identical to the fare that your purchased from us at the higher price.
6. Any decision by TPE on the validity of a claim shall be final.
7. If your Price Promise claim meets the requirements described above, we will pay you the difference between the purchase cost of each qualifying ticket on tpexpress.co.uk and the cost of the lower online fare will be credited to your account within 28 days of the claim having been verified by TPE. This credit represents yours sole and exclusive remedy for TPE’s failure to meet the Price Promise. No cash alternative will be offered.
8. We reserve the right to withdraw the Price Promise or change these terms and conditions at any time. The terms and conditions which apply will be those published on our website at the time you submit your claim.